September 30, 2011

It's Short For... (Definitions, Abbreviations and Acronyms)

I received a Formspring question asking me about a specific acronym used within TTWD (that is the acronym).  I tend to use this is my writing, and well...I shouldn't assume that everyone who reads my blog knows what some  or all of the acronyms and/or abbreviations represent.  (BAD DV!!!)  So, I thought I would make a post with some of the more common acronyms and abbreviations related to this lifestyle.  By no means will I know or be able to remember all of them.  I hope all my readers and followers will join in and comment with some I have left out. 

Here we go:

BDSM - This one you can break down into three separate abbreviations: BD - DS - SM.  they stand for Bondage and Discipline, Dominance and Submission, and Sadism and Masochism. 

D/s - Dominance/submission or Dominant/Submissive

M/s - Master/slave

TTWD - This Thing We Do - Just a way to refer to the lifestyle.

DD - Domestic Discipline

TPE - Total Power Exchange

24/7 - A relationship in with the involved dynamic is in place continuously, or...24/7.

Top - typically the one "doing"

Bottom - typically the one "receiving".

CBT - Cock and Ball Torture

Edgeplay - scene activities in which almost always involves a chance of bodily or emotional harm...pushing things to the edge.  Examples are fire play, gun play, knife play, breath play, and blood play. 

Hard Limit - Something a person absolutely will not do.

Soft Limit - A limit someone has but may be willing to look into it and/or try it.  Something that makes someone very nervous or hesitant.

Sadist - Smeone who enjoy and/or becomes aroused from inflicting pain.

Masochist - Some who enjoys and /or becomes aroused from receiving pain.

Munch - a group of people from the lifestyle meeting in a vanilla place and atmosphere and wearing typically normal clothing.  A casual meet and greet, so to speak. 

OTK - Over The Knee (in reference to spanking)

Safeword - a codeword used by a bottom to indicate a need to immediate cease whatever activity is currently happening. 

Vanilla - Someone or something that is not a pert of or involved in BDSM. 


These are some of the most common abbreviations, definition, and acronyms.  I will add more as I think of them.  Any of you can feel free to add more in the comments section, as I'm sure there are probably some important ones I have left off. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heard this recently...Forced Sessions with CMNF - Clothed MaleNakedFemale The forced relates to forced orgasms.