July 13, 2011

Laughter Is Good For The Soul

What's the saying...ummm...laughter is the best medicine.  Another saying...laughter is contagious.  I will say that if you are going to catch something from somebody...laughter is a good thing to catch.  But now I'm confused.  Is laughter a disease you catch, or is it the medicine that cures the disease?!?!  The answer is probably yes to both. Let's take a humorous journey together through the fun moments and laughter that is to be had in TTWD. 

Anyone who knows me will tell you I'm an easy going kind of person that is always cutting up and making jokes.  I'm sarcastic and a smartass.  I like to pick on people in a fun way.  In fact, I usually say that if I'm not picking on you and making jokes, then that is when you need to worry.  And yes, I can laugh and make fun of myself as well.  As much as I dish it out, I can also take it.  If you can't take a joke, and fire something back at me, then in the long run we aren't going to get along.  Even in bad situations and not so happy moments, I tend to use humor as a way to lighten the mood.  I am and want to be happy and having a good time.  That's just the way I am.  That is where I am comfortable and find my equilibrium.

Typically when we talk about TTWD it involves being focused on the dynamic and the moment.  Whether it is serious emotions, spanking, some type of scene, or whatever.  Even in most of the pictures you see that contain a D/s theme, the mood comes across as serious.  Rarely do you see a picture that seems light-hearted.  But lets' face it...in the real world there are always moments of levity that make us laugh.  Even when we are deeply involved and nothing funny seems to be on the horizon, something will happen.  It never fails.  Call it Murphy's Law if you want, but something is going to happen that cuts the tension.

When this happens, don't let it ruin what you are involved in or have going.  Embrace it and enjoy it.  After all, that is why we do what we do...for the enjoyment of it.  There is no rule that says you have to be serious constantly.  Make things light and have a good time.  And, when that awkward moment strikes, enjoy laughing about it together.  So what can happen you ask?  Any number of things: 

- You can bump heads at a very inopportune time.  That always feels good.  LOL!
- Your toys may fail to work, or work properly.  Ever been in the middle of using a toy and the batteries go dead at just the wrong time?  ARGH!!!  Rule 17 of the "Sex Toys For Dummies" handbook sates that you should always have extra batteries.  ALWAYS!  LOL!
- You can have problems tying knots in your rope (or restraint of choice) and making it work the way you intended.  Nothing like a ho-hum moment for her as she just lays there, while he is trying to figure out what he is doing, while thinking back to his days of being a Boy Scout.  (Meanwhile he is thinking to himself..."over, under, around, back through...CRAP!  Ok...the rabbit goes around the tree and then into the hole...CRAP")  LMAO!
- Ever been in the middle of a heated session of intercourse and he makes a stroke that is a bit too big?  You know the one.  He is throwing it to her hard and heavy and decides he needs just a little more oomph behind it.  So he rears back...pulling back a little farther than he should, so he can drive into her hard, and...WHOOPS...that thing comes flying out and waving around all over the place like a flag pole in the middle of a hurricane.  Oh yeah...you know what I'm talking about.  LOL!
- Or maybe he is in the middle of a serious talk and telling you all sorts of dirty things.  Then he gets tongue tied and can't quite spit out what it is he is trying to say.  Or perhaps it even comes out of his mouth totally wrong.  The harder he tries, the worse it gets, until it reaches a place of being pointless.  Nothing he says anymore can not be funny.  Dammit I hate that!  LOL!
- God forbid you are in the middle of a serious session when a cramp decides to attack you.  Enough said!  LOL!  

When these moments of awkwardness strike, just go with the flow.  Laugh at the situation.  Have a good time with it.  There is no point in getting upset or letting it ruin the situation.  You are there to enjoy yourself and have a good time.  There's another saying...a couple that laughs together, stays together.  So, laugh and have a good time.  It doesn't always have to be serious.  Laughing with each other during sex can be fun.  Notice I said "With" each other...not "At" each other.  Sure there are times you need to be serious.  But when you can...laugh and have a great time in each others company.  Laughter is good for the soul!


(For the record...any and all of the previously mentioned activities may or may not have actually happened to DV personally.  LOL!  Feel free to share your own funny moments for all of us to read and laugh about..."with" you.)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laissez les Bon Temps Roulez...et Roulez...et Roulez...et Roulez! :)

Anonymous said...

LMAO - or you are in the heat of the moment and very deftly trying to remove my bra and it's not releasing the way it did the time before. Yea that happened recently and we just started laughing. It didn't take away from what was happening it just added more intamacy to the moment.
Thanks for the afternoon giggle:)

Anonymous said...

You know how I knew I'm feeling better lately? I've laughed, a lot :)

Anonymous said...

LMAO!

What a GREAT post! I love it!

A hand wriggles free from a restraint during an intense moment and because my thoughts aren't exactly on what my hand is doing...WHACK! upside his head. I felt SO bad, but...it WAS funny. The look on his face...*laughs*

Histoy said...

Oh i so know exactly what you mean (well not what anonymous said... i have no clue there) but.. i love to laugh, and quite often it is those moments that we remember best. Things popping out and becoming deadly projectiles, or things getting tangled up and caught at inopportune times... Yes laughter can lighten the moment, and also bring many smiles down the road... Great posting thank you!

Anonymous said...

histoy, it's french/cajun and it means 'let the good times roll!' i just added 'and roll...and roll!' because if you don't roll with those types of moments they end up getting the best of you and that's not cool!

DauntlessVitality said...

Thanks for your comments and throwing in some of your own "special moments. They made me laugh. Glad you all enjoyed a little afternoon humor.

DV

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! Haven't dropped by here in a while but I am glad I did today. I think we can all relate to one of these scenerios in some form or fashion. One of my faves was my "friend" obviously had not made it to the rope store and decided instead to use a tie. A Peanuts-theme tie to be exact. Made me look at Snoopy a whole different way from there on out :) Thanks for todays giggle!

Dean said...

Oh man, I can totally relate. I had a moment like that when I first began using ropes. My knots were appalling! And she looked down at the knot, and I looked down, and it looked like a first grader's shoes! All bundled and over-done. We just burst out laughing. It felt good despite that fact.

Anonymous said...

Laughing makes the world go round! There is so much crap in our day-to-day lives, and laughing just makes things more bearable! I LOVE to laugh... one of my favorite activities... you may be able to guess what the other activity is! :-)

SBS

Serenity said...

Great post topic! My Husband has a wicked sense of humor and keeps me laughing. It's one of my favorite things about him.

Southern Sir said...

Fantastic post, you have to be able to laugh especially at your self.
One of the funniest moments I remember is the day my girl and I met in RL for the first time. she had unbuttoned my shirt and was going to take my belt off and for the life of her she couldn't figure out how to get it off.
W/we still laugh about it today.

SS

KittyCat said...

You are so right. I need to try it more.

: )

DauntlessVitality said...

Thanks everyone fr your comments and sharing your own stories. We all do need to be sure and laugh. Life can be serious and we all have to remember to enjoy the little moments when they come around.

DV