What's the saying...ummm...laughter is the best medicine. Another saying...laughter is contagious. I will say that if you are going to catch something from somebody...laughter is a good thing to catch. But now I'm confused. Is laughter a disease you catch, or is it the medicine that cures the disease?!?! The answer is probably yes to both. Let's take a humorous journey together through the fun moments and laughter that is to be had in TTWD.
Anyone who knows me will tell you I'm an easy going kind of person that is always cutting up and making jokes. I'm sarcastic and a smartass. I like to pick on people in a fun way. In fact, I usually say that if I'm not picking on you and making jokes, then that is when you need to worry. And yes, I can laugh and make fun of myself as well. As much as I dish it out, I can also take it. If you can't take a joke, and fire something back at me, then in the long run we aren't going to get along. Even in bad situations and not so happy moments, I tend to use humor as a way to lighten the mood. I am and want to be happy and having a good time. That's just the way I am. That is where I am comfortable and find my equilibrium.
When this happens, don't let it ruin what you are involved in or have going. Embrace it and enjoy it. After all, that is why we do what we do...for the enjoyment of it. There is no rule that says you have to be serious constantly. Make things light and have a good time. And, when that awkward moment strikes, enjoy laughing about it together. So what can happen you ask? Any number of things:
- You can bump heads at a very inopportune time. That always feels good. LOL!
- Your toys may fail to work, or work properly. Ever been in the middle of using a toy and the batteries go dead at just the wrong time? ARGH!!! Rule 17 of the "Sex Toys For Dummies" handbook sates that you should always have extra batteries. ALWAYS! LOL!
- You can have problems tying knots in your rope (or restraint of choice) and making it work the way you intended. Nothing like a ho-hum moment for her as she just lays there, while he is trying to figure out what he is doing, while thinking back to his days of being a Boy Scout. (Meanwhile he is thinking to himself..."over, under, around, back through...CRAP! Ok...the rabbit goes around the tree and then into the hole...CRAP") LMAO!
- Ever been in the middle of a heated session of intercourse and he makes a stroke that is a bit too big? You know the one. He is throwing it to her hard and heavy and decides he needs just a little more oomph behind it. So he rears back...pulling back a little farther than he should, so he can drive into her hard, and...WHOOPS...that thing comes flying out and waving around all over the place like a flag pole in the middle of a hurricane. Oh yeah...you know what I'm talking about. LOL!
- Or maybe he is in the middle of a serious talk and telling you all sorts of dirty things. Then he gets tongue tied and can't quite spit out what it is he is trying to say. Or perhaps it even comes out of his mouth totally wrong. The harder he tries, the worse it gets, until it reaches a place of being pointless. Nothing he says anymore can not be funny. Dammit I hate that! LOL!
- God forbid you are in the middle of a serious session when a cramp decides to attack you. Enough said! LOL!
When these moments of awkwardness strike, just go with the flow. Laugh at the situation. Have a good time with it. There is no point in getting upset or letting it ruin the situation. You are there to enjoy yourself and have a good time. There's another saying...a couple that laughs together, stays together. So, laugh and have a good time. It doesn't always have to be serious. Laughing with each other during sex can be fun. Notice I said "With" each other...not "At" each other. Sure there are times you need to be serious. But when you can...laugh and have a great time in each others company. Laughter is good for the soul!
(For the record...any and all of the previously mentioned activities may or may not have actually happened to DV personally. LOL! Feel free to share your own funny moments for all of us to read and laugh about..."with" you.)